1. Light your candle in a well-ventilated room, away from drafts or fans, which can cause sooting (black marks on the vessel), or rapid, uneven burning.

2. Depending on the size of your candle will depend on how long a full burn will take. for instance our Home candle will burn for 4 hours to create a full melt pool (this is when the whole of the top of the candle becomes liquid) for our travel candles this takes 2 hours to achieve.

3. Make sure you stop burning your candle when 10mm of wax remains at the bottom, if you continue to burn a candle with little remaining wax in the bottom the candle container can heat up to much and may shatter. keep an eye on a burning candle when the wax is low and never leave a burning candle unattended.

The first burn is the most important in ensuring you get the most out of your candle and ensure the candle burns correctly each time you light it.


1. Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings and matches, as debris in the wax can act as a secondary wick, encouraging your candle to burn faster and/or be a fire hazard.
2. After extinguishing the flame with a snuffer if you have one or simply by placing the candle lid on the glass, centre and straighten the wick. Burning for too long can cause the wick to move, or slant. If you see a flaming wick come close to the vessel wall, extinguish the flame and straighten the wick to prevent the vessel from cracking.
3. Long, or crooked wicks can create high flames, smoking, or sooting. Trimming the wick to 5mm (when the wax has set) following every burn is the easiest way to prevent this and allow your candle to burn clean.

4. before you light a candle make sure the wick is trimmed to 5mm, this should be done every time time you light it, doing this will ensure your candle burns clean and doesn't soot or smoke.


1. Avoid spraying household products, or home spray in the air, or on surfaces near the candle. When your candle isn't in use, store in a cool dry place and cover it with a candle lid to protect the quality wax from dust, which can dull its scent and cause problems during burning.
2. Condensation on the surface of a candle is a sign it has not been stored correctly, or has been stored for too long. Make sure to wipe this away with a paper towel before lighting.
3. Storing candles for too long can affect the scent, so use your candle in a reasonable time to make the most of its beautiful fragrance.



Did you know?

'Pull away' is a term used to describe what looks like air bubbles in glass-vessel candles. After the hot wax has been poured into a vessel and cools down, it will slightly shrink, which can cause the wax to pull away very slightly from the vessel wall. This gap is no larger than a hair, but the glass can act as a magnifier, creating the illusion of an air bubble. Following cooling, the vessel's heat is applied to the top of each candle to create an impeccably smooth surface and minimise some of the pull away. However, there's no need to worry about this, as once you light your candle and it warms back up, these bubbles will start to disappear and will not affect your candle’s scent or lifespan.


Never burn your candle for longer than stated on the warning label this will help make your candle last longer and avoid the candle container getting too hot.